Mayo GAA senior football manager James Horan has made four changes from the side that lost the Allianz National Football League final to Kerry three weeks ago ahead of Sunday's crucial Connacht GAA Senior Football Championship opener against Galway at 4:00pm in Hastings Insurance MacHale Park.
In defence, Oisin Mullen replaces Rory Brickenden at full-back with Eoghan McLaughlin named at wing-back in place of Enda Hession.
Lee Keegan and Padraig O'Hora now flank Mullin in the full-back line.
Michael Plunkett is named at centre-back with McLaughlin and Mayo GAA captain Stephen Coen now on the wings.
Aidan O'Shea moves to midfield from centre-forward to replace the injured Jordan Flynn and will now partner his club mate Matthew Ruane.
Kevin McLoughlin comes into the team in place of Jack Carney at wing forward with Ryan O'Donoghue named at centre-forward and Conor Loftus on the other wing.
Cillian O'Connor is named to start at corner-forward filling the void left by O'Shea's move to the middle of the park with Jason Doherty on the edge of the square and James Carr in the other corner.
Enda Hession, Rory Brickenden, Diarmuid O'Connor, Jack Carney and Aiden Orme are all named on the bench.
The game has a 4:00pm throw-in time at Hastings Insurance MacHale Park this Sunday, with Meath native David Coldrick in charge of the whistle.
This game is live on on Midwest Radio, with commentary from Michael D McAndrew and Martin Carney.
The Senior Mayo team as follows:
- Rory Byrne – Ruairi O’Broin – Castlebar Mitchels
- Lee Keegan – Laoi MacAogáin – Westport
- Oisín Mullin - Oisín Ó’Maoláin - Kilmaine
- Padraig O’Hora – Pádraig O’hOra – Ballina Stephenites
- Stephen Coen © – Stiofáin O’Cadhain – Hollymount/Carramore
- Michael Plunkett – Micheal Pluincéid – Ballintubber
- Eoghan McLaughlin - Eoghan MacLochlainn - Westport
- Aidan O’Shea – Aodhán O’Sé – Breaffy
- Matthew Ruane - Maitiú Ó’Ruáin - Breaffy
- Kevin McLoughlin - Caoimhín MacLochlainn - Knockmore
- Ryan O’Donoghue – Riain O’Donnachadh - Beal a Mhuirthead
- Conor Loftus – Conchur O’Lachtnáin – Crossmolina Deel Rovers
- James Carr - Seamus MacGiolla Cheara - Ardagh
- Jason Doherty - Séasáon Dochartaigh - Burrishoole
- Cillian O'Connor - Cillian Ó’Conchúir - Ballintubber
- Colm Reape - Coilm O’Reabaigh - Knockmore
- Enda Hession - Éanna Ó hOisín - Garrymore
- Rory Brickenden - Ruairí Brickenden - Westport
- David McBrien - Dáithí MacBriain - Ballaghadereen
- Conor O’Shea – Conchur O’Sé – Breaffy
- Fergal Boland - Fearghal Ó’Beolláin - Aghamore
- Darren McHale - Darán MacCéile – Knockmore
- Aiden Orme – Aodhán Orme – Knockmore
- Darren Coen - Darán Ó’Cadhain - Hollymount Carramore
- Diarmuid O'Connor - Diarmuid Ó’Conchúir - Ballintubber
- Jack Carney - Sean O’Cearnaigh – Kilmeena
Manager James Horan
Selectors: Ciaran McDonald, James Burke, Tom Higgins & Martin Lally