A meeting of the RDFL league management committee was held online last night

The League secretary had been in contact with all clubs regarding the positivity and isolating numbers within clubs.

Based on the figures received from the clubs the management committee decided as follows.

That all RDFL fixtures for the next two weekends, 7-9 & 14-16 January, be postponed in the interest of safety.

Should clubs have back games that had been postponed for any reason up until now to be played and both clubs involved feel it is safe to so they can arrange these games to be played and Fixtures secretary will verify the fixture, this also stands for any external cups that our teams are involved in and is entirely depending on match official availability.

This decision was based entirely on the safety of our players, club, match and league officials along with the safety of our members' families.

Another meeting of the league management committee will review this decision in time for announcing whether fixtures will be made for the weekend 21-23 January in the hope that Covid19 numbers will have at that stage peaked and it is safe to return again.

Also regarding Division 2 of the RDFL 3 team finished on level points covering the division split, RDFL rule 13(c) dictates that Cloonfad Utd B play in the promotion half of the division and both Rahara Rovers and Boyle Celtic B play in the Shield competition.