House hunters who went sale agreed on seven properties in an estate in Ballinrobe have been met with devastation as they learned the houses have now been sold to a single buyer instead.
That’s according to the Irish Independent.
Among those impacted by this are young families and couples, with some so certain of their new home that they had informed landlords that they would be moving out of their current residence.
14 houses were advertised in total, all either three bed semi detached or terraced, with one four bed detached house.
The houses were valued at between €220,000 and €225,000.
Phase one of the sale had been agreed, as per a Facebook post on March 7 by the estate agent, and people had been invited to show their interest in phase two.
Councillor Damien Ryan has called on the company who has bought the properties to make a statement on the sale.
He says it may have been a misunderstanding and is willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
The Fianna Fail Councillor told Midwest Radio’s Alannah Nolan that the news is devastating for those families who had put deposits on the property and now may be left with nowhere to live…