HSE Community Healthcare West and Family Resource Centres have come together to provide a FREE stop smoking service. HSE Stop Smoking Advisors from the Quit Smoking West team in Health & Wellbeing will be available in 8 Family Resource Centres throughout Galway, Mayo and Roscommon to help the public be Smoke Free for Christmas.
For those who sign up, not only will your health and wellbeing improve, but you could also stand to save up to €1,600 between now and Christmas. Now that’s an added reason to Quit during this time of rising costs and financial pressures. Sign up now to this FREE 12 week programme and make sure that both your health and finances are in a better place this Christmas.
FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to all smokers who sign up between now and the end of the year. Your Stop Smoking Advisor will give you one-to-one support (via telephone, face-to-face in person or online). They will work with you to:
- Talk about habits and any concerns you have about stopping smoking or vaping.
- Check your level of tobacco usage.
- Help you find ways to deal with challenges.
- Provide FREE stop smoking medications (NRT).
Evidence has shown that those who use this service along with NRT, are 4 times more likely to quit smoking and stay quit.
This new partnership between the HSE Community Healthcare West and the Family Resource Centres is discussed on a Podcast recorded at Gort Family Resource Centre. Gort Family Resource Centre’s very own Sandra Farrell will be signing up to the programme and we will be providing support to Sandra as she starts her own Quit journey.
The Podcast is available to hear on Gort Family Resource Centre Facebook page.
Stop Smoking Advisors will be holding sessions at the following locations in Mayo:
- Ballina Family Resource Centre (096) 75573 with Vivienne Fitzmaurice
- Tacu Family Resource Centre, Ballinrobe (094) 9542908 with Pat Conway
- Claremorris Family Resource Centre (094) 9377838 with Alan Bracken
- Westport Family Resource Centre (098) 24419 with Pat Conway