Almost €5 million euro has been confirmed for four capital projects in Mayo.
Funding to the tune of €3.91 million has been allocated to Mayo University Hospital.
This funding has been confirmed to Midwest News by local Fine Gael Deputy Alan Dillon who says these works will also include:
- Replacement (CNU) Community Nursing Unit at Ballina
- Replacement (CNU) Community Nursing Unit at Belmullet
Major Upgrades at Mayo University Hospital
- €3.91m for an electrical upgrade;
- €530,000 for reconfiguration and upgrade of the Hospital Sterile Services Department;
- €300,000 New ground floor extension to Emergency Department (ED) and reconfiguration of existing emergency department with an additional 7 assessment and treatment spaces. New Medical Assessment Unit at first floor with an additional 10 new assessment spaces. Reconfiguration of C Ward to facilitate the new build tie-in and provide additional isolation rooms.
- €70,000 Update Development Control Plan for hospital campus and adjacent lands in conjunction with Mayo Co. Council Local Area Plan.
Also in Castlebar, €100,000 has been allocated for the refurbishment of two High Support Community Residences, An Coilín and Teach Aisling to accommodate nine residents in three residential units.
Deputy Dillon says this is hugely important to improvement the services and conditions for the residents of these units with complex needs.