As numbers of the virus continue to rise, the National Public Health Emergency Team has recommended shutting down the hospitality sector from next Monday December 28th.

The Cabinet will meet tomorrow to decide whether to close pubs that serve food, hotels and restaurants from then, but is likely to chose December 30th for the shutdown.

 

CEO of the Restaurants Association of Ireland, Adrian Cummins, said that the lockdown that is being proposed for the end of December will impact heavily on businesses in the hospitality sector which are already struggling to stay afloat.

Roscommon-Galway TD Michael Fitzmaurice is calling on the Government to provide a clear roadmap for businesses- particularly those in the hospitality industry that had been closed for months and were allowed reopen earlier this month for the Christmas period.

He says extensive planning went into reopening hotels and restaurants, with staff being brought back and orders placed for stock.

However, the Independent TD says some people in the industry believe this Christmas will be the ruination of their business, as a result of the chopping and changing of plans by the Govt and NPHET.

Deputy Fitzmaurice says definitive decisions need to be made and stuck to.

  

 

0
0
0
s2smodern

Latest News