The historic St Mary’s Church in Logboy, near Ballyhaunis, is being added to the Record of Protected Structures in Mayo.

This is one of three Catholic churches in the parish of Bekan, and dates back to 1839.

At this week’s meeting of the Claremorris Municipal District, Councillor John Cribben proposed that St Mary’s Church in Logboy be added to the list of Protected Structures, which will enable the local committee to seek funding for its maintenance and restoration.

Councillor Cribben told Paula Donnellan that he received full support for his motion

0
0
0
s2smodern

Latest News